2015 Moscow IGU Congress
We are pleased to announce a range of Commission sessions on Geography Education have been accepted into the Moscow Programme. Full details can be found on the Congress website but to whet your appetite session titles include:
- Geography Teacher Education: the need for a well-prepared professional body of knowledge.
- Geospatial technologies in geographical education: implications for geographical lessons.
- Integrated school discipline and geography: new challenges and capacities.
- National curricula and international standards for geography education.
- National and international assessment in geography education.
- Empirical and classroom research in geography education
- International links and innovations in geography education
- Sharing the Russian experience in geography education and making connections for schoolteachers
- Special session about The International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU).
We like to bring all sessions under the umbrella of the Commission on Geographical Education to avoid confusion and to optimize discussion. The session about The International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU) is organised together with Professor Benno Werlen (IYGU), Professor Vladimir Kolossov (IGU), Professor Henk Ottens (EUGEO) and Karl Donert (EUROGEO). The panel discussion in this session will focus on the role for geography education in the International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU).